sunrise villa parma
view of the sunrise from a bedroom of villa parma
Parma House was built by Crippa. You can find out more about Swiss Italian history at www.ballaratheritage.com.au/articles/swiss-italian.html or in the book 'Bullboar macaroni and mineral water" availabe from www.ballaratheritage.com.au/bookstore/theme.html
Image available for purchase from www.ballaratheritage.com.au
Victorian Heritage Register Statement of Significance
Parma House was built in 1864 for the Swiss-Italian Fabrizzio Crippa and is one of the most substantial residences in the Daylesford district. The two-storey rendered building appears to be derived from the palazzi of the Italian renaissance and bears similarities to northern Italian farm houses.
Despite its present  dilapidated state the architectural form and detailing of the building survive. Parma House is significant as a physical reminder of the early and materially successful Swiss-Italian settlements in this region of Victoria. It is a key example of the architectural heritage they brought with them and a stately and impressive residence in its right. The building's association with Fabrizzio Crippa is important to the development of the townships of Hepburn and Spring Creek and it is one of few buildings from the Spring Creek (later Hepburn Springs) settlement which survives largely intact.