new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Rabb Plantation Home | by Gerarangel1970
Back to group

Rabb Plantation Home

Built 1891-1892 for Frank and Lillian Rabb, the Queen Anne style house had a commanding view of the Rio Grande during the waning years of steamboat era. The Rabb Plantation, originally known as Rancho San Tomas, was 20,305 acres and functioned like a small self-sufficient city. It was purchased by Vaughn family in 1957, acquired by the National Audubon Society in 1971 and by the Gorgas Science Foundation in 2010

3,775 views
8 faves
0 comments
Taken on September 4, 2015