1953 - 1955 Mercedes-Benz W 136 (170 S-D)
The Mercedes-Benz W136 (and similar W191) was Mercedes-Benz's line of four-cylinder automobiles from the mid-1930s into the 1950s. It became the foundation on which the company rebuilt after World War II because the tooling had survived Allied bombing.
From May 1949 the car was offered with an exceptionally economical 38 PS (28 kW; 37 hp) diesel engine. This was the world's third diesel fueled passenger car, and the first to be introduced after the war.
The Mercedes-Benz 170 SV and 170 SD were also built briefly in Argentina from 1953-1955 in sedan, taxi, station wagon, pick-up and van versions.
- - -
Der Mercedes-Benz 170 S war eine Weiterentwicklung des Modells 170 V, die 1949, zunächst unter der Modellnummer W 136 IV, erschien.