new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Ozone screen | by Gawler History
Back to photostream

Ozone screen

A view of the screen in the Ozone cinema Gawler.

 

ozone_screen_cr

 

REGAL/OZONE THEATRE, GAWLER

The Regal Cinema on the south side of the Murray Street/Calton Road corner was opened on 23rd January 1935. Later the name was changed to the Ozone and again to Hoyts Ozone. The final screening was on 27th May 1967, and In October 1969 the auditorium was converted to accommodate Scholz Chemicals feedstock factory.

 

These photos are part of an ongoing project of Gawler History Team Inc. Please visit our website www.gawler.nowandthen.net.au

753 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on April 3, 2012