St Thomas's Churchyard, Dudley 05/02/2012
This is the very atmospheric (and on this evening very cold!) church yard of St Thomas's church in Dudley.
St Thomas, which is known locally as "Top Church" due to it's position in the town, are first recorded in 1182. The modern building was constructed between 1816 and 1819.
The church is believed to have been founded in the12th century by Gervase Paganel, Lord of Dudley Castle in order to serve local officials and people.