Nicer viewing: View On Black
Playing with my new toy, the Lensbaby Edge 80. It's definitely fun to use...!
Strobist setup: Two speedlites, one from below with a sheet of paper as cover, on minimum power, one against the white backdrop, both triggered via YN-602, no lightformers, but the one below is shooting through milky acrylic glass.
Note: The warm gradient is done via Photoshop--I wanted a complementary color in the shot.
- The Edge 80 works fine, but takes time to practice
- The AF confirmation chip works also fine, but induces some problems with the exposure metering ...
- Do not touch these blue acqua perls, you won't get the color of your hands .... :-/
- Closing the aperture of the Edge 80 means less light for the autofocus :-/
- To get real close, you have to pull out the front part of that lens, ... that's a bit "unusual" ...