we rent a helicopter 1997, twin towers still standing... - it was hard to get a heli-ride, not to get the tickets, the whole waiting room was filled up with a crowd having tickets (at least 100 persons, I think): but only 4 persons each flight! so my wife had to look very deep in the eyes of the door dragon to come through (I was her quick shadow); though the weather was foggy we had much fun... maybe I should upload some more pics, for example crossing Central Park etc.; I heard after September eleven it is forbidden to fly directly over the top of the skyscrapers?
- we started here...
- Queensboro Bridge
- Where i trained - gcquinn
- Where my son and I used to go down to watch "the Trump," Donald Trump's huge black sykorski heliocopter that would come in for dramatic landings. The thing never disgorged The Donald however. - gcquinn
- Where I once leved - gcquinn
- Where I once lived - gcquinn
- The strangest party I ever went to was just down this block at an apartment next to the UN - at one point Roy Cohen -- with bodyguards -- showed up -- wild. I died a few months later. - gcquinn
- wtc, - Richard Hensley Photographer