Miyajima Island is a classic and beloved icon of Japan, as well as a condensed essence of traditional Japanese architectural expression. This grand wooden gateway, both sturdy and graceful, sits in the tidal flats before the historic Buddist temple complex of Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima island, in the same region as the city of Hiroshima in Japan.
This photo is in 23 groups
- Reflect your World (New! No Invite needed) 84,741 items
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,767,409 items
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 390,024 items
- FlickrCentral 8,941,475 items
- visit the world - the travel guide 2,640,562 items
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 115,990 items