Door of the Saint Francis of Assisi church
Igreja de São Francisco de Assis.
This church, built in 1776, is Aleijadinho's masterpiece and the highest expression of the rococo style. It has some oddly military features, such as cylindrical towers that look like watchtowers, and roofs that resemble helmets adorned with spears.
The Cross of Lorena, with two arms flanked by balls of fire, is especially impressive. Inside, Aleijadinho created sculptures for the pulpits, wood panels, a soapstone sculpted door, the main chapel's altars, and the fountain of the sacristy. Mestre Athayde painted the ceiling, which appears higher thanks to the arrangement of the columns and parapets.
This photo is in 48 groups
- Realistic HDR Images 18,702 items
- HDR Anything 224,100 items
- Your "Postcard" Shot 587,829 items
- Wonderful World! 287,348 items
- Wonderful world Mix ( Post 1 - Comment 5.) Please!!! 136,624 items
- Wonderful photos for the world Pls post 1-comment 3 266,275 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- 47 15 photos