More to upcycle
Gathering supplies, I found some clothes in the for-the-Salvation-Army pile that I'll use for this costume.
First, there's this very 90s dress that I bought when I used to live in the States. It features ten amazing covered buttons in the velvet-like fabric used in the skirt. I love adding buttons to my costumes and I'm planning to make that skirt the bedlah's skirt.
Second, there's a belly dance halter top that I won't use again but that has a really nice beadwork and I'm planning to take advantage of it.
Finally, there's an asymmetric skirt that too narrow for me. It will provide the rest of the fabric needed for this project.