Grilled Zucchini 4of5
* 1 zucchini
* ½ cup of your favorite Italian salad dressing
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic purée
* 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano, basil, thyme, or other favorite herbs and spices
1. Preheat panini press or indoor grill to medium heat.
2. Slice zucchini into discs about ½ inch thick, making sure the slices are a consistent thickness.
3. Combine salad dressing with garlic powder and dried herbs of your choice.
4. Put zucchini slices into a plastic bag, pour in the herb mixture and let zucchini marinate as long as desired.
5. PANINI PRESS: Place slices on panini press, lower the top, and cook for about 8 minutes or until zucchini has softened.
or INDOOR GRILL: Place slices on grill and cook for about 4 minutes, rotate zucchini a quarter turn, and cook 3-4 more minutes on first side. Then turn zucchini to second side and cook about 4 minutes more, or until zucchini has softened.
6. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve hot.