Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies 1of5
* ⅓ cup granulated sugar
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (melted)
* 1¾ cups unbleached flour
* ¾ teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons cornstartch
* ¾ teaspoon salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, cream together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and unsalted butter. Beat in the egg.
2. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until combined. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the creamed butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix the ingredients until just combined.
4. Drop cookie dough balls onto a nonstick pan, spacing the cookies about two inches apart.
5. Position the rack in the middle height position. Turn the function dial until the indicator on the LCD screen points to the COOKIE function. Set the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and set the timer to 9 minutes. Press the START/CANCEL button to activate. NOTE: Bake an additional minute for crispier cookies.
6. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for one minute, then remove with a nylon spatula and transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.