Headroom and The Natural Choice
Headroom (215 S. Main St.) sells tobacco and gifts. The Natural Choice (225 S. Main St.) is a clothing store.
This Roman Renaissance Revival building was constructed in 1913 to house the Post Office, which was on the left side with three windows and a door instead of the large arch. The right side housed the Colonial Theatre, the second and soon the most popular motion picture theatre in Willits. Part of the upstairs was the Moose Lodge. The original building had a flat roof - the hip roof over the front quarter of the building was added later.
A photo from 1965 shows the entire ground floor occupied by Alexander's Market. The caption mentions that in 1975 it was occupied by a Coast to Coast store and a Sears Roebuck catalog store.
A photo from the late 1980s shows the ground floor occupied by Radio Shack and The Zipper. The matching arch on the left side was present in that photograph.
For more information, see Nelson A. Streib & Susan Pritchard, The Architectural Heritage of Willits (City of WIllits, 1988), p. 27.