new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
watermill Ahausen (view on black) | by rafischatz... www.rafischatz-photography.de
Back to group

watermill Ahausen (view on black)

A first mention of Ahauser mill dates from 1694. The mill was then and now an imposing manor.

The building in framework style was replaced in 1901 by a "modern" redbrick-building.

Relatively early the waterwheel of the mill was replaced by a powerful turbine, with the electric current is generated even in 1919.

In 1974, the mill was shut down. Today the Ahauser mill become with their store, barns, residential farm buildings, office buildings and stables an imposing monument ensemble and popular destination.

..........

Eine erste Erwähnung der Ahauser Mühle stammt aus dem Jahr 1694. Die Mühle gehörte damals wie heute zu einem imposanten Gutshof.

 

Der in Fachwerk errichtete Vorgängerbau wurde 1901 durch einen “modernen” Backsteinbau ersetzt. Ihre Antriebsenergie erhielt die Mühle aus dem zu einem etwa 3 ha großen Teich angestauten Auebach.

Schon relativ früh wurde das Wasserrad der Mühle mit einer leistungsstarken Turbine bestückt, mit der 1919 auch elektrischer Strom erzeugt wurde.

1974 wurde der Mühlenbetrieb schließlich eingestellt. Heute ist die Ahauser Mühle, mit ihren Speichern, Scheunen, Wohnwirtschaftsgebäuden, Kontorgebäuden und Stallungen ein imposantes Denkmalensemble und beliebtes Ausflugsziel geworden.

783 views
7 faves
85 comments
Taken on September 11, 2012