A Sussex farmhouse with a twentieth century garden. After being aquired by Vanessa and Clive Bell in 1916, the house and garden became a meeting place for the Bloomsbury set. Inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement, the garden shows originality in its mosaic paving, sculpture and planting. It is a refreshing change from the National Trust manner of garden care. Sir Peter Shepheard helped with the garden restoration with resident gardener Mark Divall.