Wolf & Dessauer Santa
The W & D Santa display was first lighted on November 21, 1940. It appeared annually on the side of the Wolf & Dessauer Department Store until 1958. In 1979 the 155 foot long display made up of 24,717 bulbs was removed from storage, renovated and placed back in service for the 1980 Christmas season.
When Christmas is mentioned in Fort Wayne, this is one of the first things that everyone remembers.
Hey, this shot made it to Fort Wayne Observed.