New tube lens test and long exposure comparison
I got a new objective, the Rodenstock Apo-Gerogon 9/150 enlarging lens. My friend John used the same as a tube lens for infinity corrected microscope objective.
After resolving the attachment to my Mitutoyo BD Plan APO 10/0.28 I made two stack sequence for the test. First at 8,5:1, then 10:1 magnification, playing with the bellows' length. As the microscope objective has been designed for 200mm focal length tube lenses, I was curious about the performance with the 150mm enlarging lens. Perhaps this jumping spider is not the best test subject, but the possibilities of fresh arthropods in winter are quite limited.
I used different illumination for the two stack. First (on this current image) with two LED lamps from that Swedish furnishings store. White office paper surrounds the spider diffusing the spot lights. 126 shots were taken at 1/6 s; ISO-50. Combined them using Zerene Stacker's PMax method.