Polarshield v2.4 (compared to 2.2)
Made more simple to assemble in v2.4.
- Reduced part count by collapsing four resistors into a resistor network. There already was one, so this hasn't introduced a new part either.
- LEDs are now all pointing the same way. That was error-prone.
- Traces have been thermally optimised for reflow with a hot air pencil. I made sure there wasn't a huge difference between the amount of copper on one side of a component vs the other side, so both sides can receive equal heat. Also, some parts previously had very small exposed pads that could be heated, because the trace was hidden under the part. I've exposed the trace better so it can be targetted with the heatgun more effectively.
- Simplified the design by moving some unused cuttable jumper to the back of the board.
- Changed to using surface mount tactile switch.