Kingston Lacy House - Kingston Lacy Estate - bronze lion sculptures
At Kingston Lacy Estate, a National Trust run property with extensive gardens in Dorset. To the west of the town of Wimborne Minster.
It was home of the Bankes family, who's original seat was at Corfe Castle until it's destruction during the English Civil War. A new site was chosen by Sir John Bankes, but the house was eventually built by his son Ralph Bankes.
The last owner of Kingston Lacy - Henry John Ralph Bankes gave the estate to the National Trust after his death in 1981 (a seven times great grandson of original creator Sir Ralph Bankes).
Bronze lion sculptures outside the house.
Grade II listed wall
Garden wall 20 m south of
Kingston Lacey House
ST 90 SE 3/10 2.11.82
Circa 1835. Low stone terrace wall with moulded capping. Steps in centre,
flanked by bronze lions on stone pedestals. Carved stone runs at intervals
Listing NGR: ST9781301262
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage