Bletchley Park - Stable Yard - Gatehouse And Attached South Range - weather vane
This is the Stable Yard at Bletchley Park.
It is Grade II listed.
Listed as Gatehouse and attached South Range.
The South side of the stable yard consists of the gateway, flanked by single storey ranges to the East and West, that to the West originally slightly detached, each having a half-hipped roof and forming the South return of the West stable range (q.v.). Built in c.1883-8 for H S leon following his purchase of the property in 1883, as a store for apples, pears and plums produced on the estate. Altered and extended by Edward Swinfen Harris in c.1890. Converted in 1938-9 to provide accommodation for CG&CS by Hubert Faulkner, a local builder.
PLAN: a long range, aligned East-West and enclosing the South side of the stable yard; it adjoins the south end of the west range, now The Bungalow and attached stables range (qv).
Weather vane on the gatehouse of the stable yard.