The Museum of Natural History at Castello Scaligero di Malcesine - steps
This is the Scaliger Castle of Malcesine, on Lake Garda.
Built by the Lombards towards the middle of the first millennium, the Castle was destroyed by the Franks in 590, who rebuilt it to host King Pippin in 806. Following the invasions of the Hungarians, it became part of the Veronese Bishop's fiefs.
In 1277 it fell under the rule of Alberto Della Scala and remained the property of the Della Scala family until 1387. Works performed during this period gave the Castle its current name: the "Scaliger Castle".
Over the centuries, it has been occupied by the Visconiti of Milan by the Republic of Venice, by the French and Austrian Empires; the latter performed firm works to consolidate the interior of the Castle and inhabited it until 1866.
On August 22nd, 1902 it was declared a National Monument.
(Taken from a leaflet we got from the castle)
Took this after leaving the Museum of Natural History. Steps up to a higher floor (you can't go up here).