Court Restaurant and the Citadal Chambers - James Watt Street
This building on the corner of Corporation Street and James Watt Street was the Court Restaurant. They used to sell wines and spirits.
James Watt Street isn't much of a street any more, it is pedestrianised. The main nearby road is Newton Street, with Dalton Street going round the back of this building.
It was built before the other buildings to the left of it, and was by architect G H Rayner, with the application submitted in 1882.
It is of three storeys and an attic, built in brick and stone.
This is the Citadel Chambers Building on Corporation Street. And on James Watt Street (with the Court Restaurant between both sides).
It was designed by W H Ward in 1891 for the Salvation Army, as its headquarters.
The building is four storeys high and stone faced. It is divided into five bays. It has square towers with squat pinnacle, with a circular tower with cuppola.
The Court Restaurant is at 184 Corporation Street.