The Church of St Francis of Assisi
This is the Church of St Francis of Assisi in the Bournville area of Birmingham. It is quite close to the Cadbury chocolate factory, and is part of the Bournville Village.
It is a Grade II listed building dating from 1925.
It is on the Linden Road.
Completed 1925, by W Alexander Harvey. Brick with minimum stone dressings; Roman tile roof with Lombardic eaves cornice. In a round-arched style. Basilican in plan with apses east and west, narrow lean-to aisles and north and south porches. Granite arcade coluans whose capitals are alternately carved and unoarved. Six bays, the aisle window and couplet to each bay. Excellent woodwork in the stalls. South chapel of 1966. The church forms a group with the Parish Hall to which it is physically linked on the left.