Hall Green Stadium - York Road, Hall Green
Walking past Hall Green Stadium on York Road in Hall Green.
It is a dog racing track. Similar to Perry Barr.
Bright sunshine at midday over the stadium on Boxing Day 2013.
Hall Green Stadium is a greyhound racing stadium located in the Birmingham suburb of Hall Green. Opened in August 1927 it was the first greyhound track to be built in the city. It hosted speedway races between 1928 and 1938. It is one of six owned and run by the Greyhound Racing Association and one of the 28 licensed stadiums in the UK.
The track itself is a 412-metre long oval track with a sand covered surface. The capacity of the stadium seems to be somewhat in question with estimates ranging from 2,500 to 3,000.The stadium's main stand facilities include outside terracing along the main straight, fast food outlets and a bar on the first floor and an indoor seated area with glass frontage overlooking the track on second floor. Also on the second floor is the a la carte restaurant. Executive suites that can hold between 18 and 100 people are located on the first bend of the track.
Related facilities include a hotel situated on bends 3 and 4 which opened in 1990,some rooms of which offer views of the track and a purpose built snooker hall along the back straight with 21 full sized tables. Conference facilities are also provided and managed by the stadium.