My first attempt at dyeing yarn. I used the Kettle-Dye (following different dyeing tutorials) method and just dumped in colours randomly. I used food colourings and play around with vinegar. And boy, it does smell!
Anyhow, the yarns are hanging out to dry...the colours are just a mumble-jumble, but it's my first try. Next time I'll try hand-painting properly.
This time I used four colours. I mixed up purple (blue and red), green, orange (red and yellow) and just a deep red (dropping a tiny bit of blue and green in the red). Of course, the yarn takes the purple differently and turns pretty much light blue when washed. Oh well, I'm learning anyway.
I also did two hanks at once in the same pot and dumped most of the green on one hank, while the other gets most of the purple. So, the resulting hanks are very different.