Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, Hawaii, 1967
A cream 1955 Chevy Bel Air with surfboards in tow is braking as it crosses Lewers St. on a green arrow. The Ala Moana Building's "Top of Waikiki" rotating restaurant can be seen above and behind the distinctive Bank of Hawaii / Galleria tower.
Considerable renovation has gone into this area, now known as the "Waikiki Walk" and has become full of high-end luxury shops and restaurants. The Bank of Hawaii building here is now the DFS Galleria. The small boutique shops on the right have been completely re-built.
© Original 35mm AgfaChrome Transparency