The MacCallum house (1882) was given to Daisy Kelly MacCallum by her parents William and Eliza Kelly shortly after her marriage to Alexander MacCallum in 1879. Daisy, Alex, and their son Donald lived there until 1885, when the Family moved east of Fort Bragg and later to San Francisco. After Alex died in 1908, Daisy moved back to Mendocino when she had the house moved forward and west to it’s present location.
Daisy MacCallum lived in the house until her death in 1953 at 94. Donald continued to live in the house until his death in 1960. The house became a Bed and Breakfast in 1974. The current owners, Jed and Megan Ayers and Noah Sheppard have done much to upgrade the property to it's current magnificent state.
I’ll be showing several recent Mendocino postings in the registration area of the MacCallum House this summer. To preview the work on display see my MacCallum House Show set. If you’re in the area, you can view my work in the registration area on the second floor. While you’re there, stay for lunch (or dinner). You won’t be disappointed. Also stop by and the Gallery of the Senses on Main Street to see the beautiful work of my good friend Rita Crane .
This photo is in 10 groups
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 523,172 items
- Ultimate GOLD (Post 1 - Give 5 Gold Stars) 200,623 items
- PEOPLE'S CHOICE (Post 1, Award 3) Best Quality Images!CLOSED! 102,361 items
- DIAMOND HEART (Post 1-Comment 3) 308,656 items
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 682,651 items
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 2) 117,061 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- darrell 2 photos