Pizza at Annamaria's, undated
Opened in 1958 by Bartholamew (Bat) and Annamaria Malanga on Albemarle Street, Annamaria's was a popular pizza hangout for Duke students, many of who were regulars. Annamaria's closed in 1986 after nearly 30 years of serving generations of Duke students. For more information on Annamaria's, see Damian Stamer's paper "Durham's First Pizza Pie: A History of Annamaria's Pizza House" (April 1996) in the University Archives Reference Collection.
Repository: Duke University Archives. Durham, North Carolina, USA. library.duke.edu/uarchives