TWA Flight Center
Photos of Eero Saarinen’s landmark TWA “head house” at Terminal 5, John F. Kennedy International Airport, Queens, New York. These photos were taken on Saturday, 11 October 2014, during the Open House New York weekend. The TWA Flight Center was commissioned by Trans World Airlines in 1955 and opened to the public in 1962. Its interior and exterior spaces were designated New York City landmarks on 19 July 1994; the structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places on 7 September 2005. The head house is currently being converted into a hotel, set to open in 2018.
36 photos · 1 view