Rosemary Roasted Eggplant & Spinach Salad #lunchtime #366bites
14/366: In the test kitchen today. My eggplant chips failed as chips, but won as roasted eggplant medallions. I put them on a spinach salad, but they would kill on a sandwich, pasta, or in a wrap.
* Slice eggplants 1/4" thick.
* Combine 1 teaspoon minced rosemary, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a mortar & pestle, then smash the dickens out of them.
* Toss the sliced eggplant with 2 tablespoons of oil, and with the salt mixture.
* Place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or two) and roast at 350 for 40 - 50 minutes.
* Devour while they are hot and juicy.