It is called Muslin Moth. I couldn't see his neck till I let him climb on my finger.
When I first examined the photograph it reminded me of a little poodle.
He looks like he's going to start barking and wagging something any minute.
Thanks to apifera91 for the ID.
Since uploading this shot I have been told this is actually Spilosoma virginica - Virginian Tiger Moth. Perhaps I should just stick with Poodle Moth. Here are some links from bugguide: bugguide.net/node/view/498/bgimage
By the way there is a moth in Venezuela that is actually called the poodle moth. See link: cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/27/13510167-bizarre-p... I now realize that it is because of this story of the real poodle moth and a link in that article to my shot that there were so many views of my photo called poodle moth.
This photo is in 12 groups
- Fav+ Butterfly (P1-Fav2) 21,366 items
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 20,959 items
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 358,038 items
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 919,754 items
- ₪ FELIX + FRIENDS = FUN ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 31,343 items
- CHAMPIONS Photography (P.1- R3) 170,673 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Moth&Butterfly#10 45 photos