Angel of the North
Explore Highest position: 207 on Saturday, June 27, 2009
The Angel of the North is a contemporary sculpture designed by Antony Gormley, which is located in Gateshead, England.
As the name suggests, it is a steel sculpture of an angel, standing 66 feet (20 m) tall, with wings measuring 178 feet (54 m) across — making it wider than the Statue of Liberty's height. The wings themselves are not planar, but are angled 3.5 degrees forward, which Gormley has said aims to create "a sense of embrace".
An image of the Angel of the North I took a while back (that's my son walking up to the angel)
How's the composition?
This photo is in 14 groups
- The Suns Influence 1,208 items
- Canon Current & past models (ie new 5D MKIII and old 300D) 558,496 items
- Canon 350D/400D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D & 700D 503,589 items
- Canon EOS 450D (aka Rebel XSi & Kiss Digital x2) 239,287 items
- Angels of the North 74,496 items
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 3,772,569 items