I really liked Dustin's Greasemonkey script for Flickr, but I've been using Chrome exclusively for a while now, and since it now has extensions--thanks to Aaron and his team--I thought I'd hack something together.
I plan on adding to it over time, but for starters it gives you the following:
- Keyboard shortcuts (after installing press '?' to find out more)
- Link to "flic.kr" short url (photo page)
- Link to Big Huge Labs "On Black" Page (photo page)
- Link to user's Big Huge Labs "Scout" page (photostream)
- Quick access to EXIF
- Quick links to other sized photos
- Reply link that inserts icon html and name
If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Update 1.2 (23/10/09):
Here's the culmination of this week's evening hackery:
- LightBox! Press L on the photo page or click the photo to see a large preview inline.
- New shortcut: X to toggle the EXIF preview (it also animates now :)
- Hovering over the Flickr logo gives Yahoo some love.
- A few bug fixes for the way different pages are structured.
- Background page keeps an expiring cache for API calls, slightly less load and better performance.
- Scout link on profile.
This project is now open source and hosted on google's project hosting service. I won't be posting here about further updates. I will continue to make improvements and auto-updates will continue to work. You can find the project page here, please file feature requests for things you think will be cool.
Please note that this extension was written on my own time, on my own hardware and has nothing to do with my employer. I'm an avid, paying Flickr user and wanted to make the experience even better.