for one year i have chosen to live a handcrafted, secondhand life... and so our christmas tree is 'green' in a different sense of the word this year.
- a dead branch out back
- a thrifted red bucket
- a bag of concrete in the garage
- white paint from the cupboard
- crocheted garlands i made two years ago
- vintage pot holders
- thriftstore figurines, painted
- vintage glass ornaments
- vintage cotton spools
- vintage knitting needles
- straw decorations from my box of 'glee'
- vintage button cards
- crocheted doily circles
- yarn balls from last christmas
- length of knitted cream yarn waiting to be made into a blanket one day
- vintage tablecloth
- thriftstore table painted white
and of course
- antique doilies
my clan at mossy shed, have located their 'rose colored' specs and
embraced their 'whatnot gleeful tree for this year.
i miss a real tree, but i do believe for this year, i have pulled off a 'handcrafted secondhand' tree of glee...