Home Kanban: our fun project methodology
Each coloured post-it belongs to a different person in the family.
Column 1 - 'List' - items that is to be done (also called the backlog)
Column 2 - 'Doing' - items of things to do that are now being done, not yet complete
Column 3 - 'Done' - the items that are done/complete.
At the end of the week when we discuss our Kanban we remove these items and add new ones to the 'List' column for the following week.
1. Items cannot be moved in reverse
2. Items are stuck on the board in order of priority - most important near the top
3. Only the person owning the item can stick the post-it on the board
4. Only the person owning the item can move the item to the right and remove it from the Kanban
5. Where possible each member of the family meet at the board to discuss their items, how there're progressing and add/move any items around the board.