Disaster Zone Equipment List
Our goals at the time:
* Help the hardest hit villages, friends, family affected by the disaster with some food / medical supplies (my wife grew up in Iligan City)
* Document the damage
* Photograph and do video interviews w/ survivors
You can see the stories / web galleries here:
What we brought from top left to bottom right:
Camera and lens:
* Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS lens - For close-ups or hard to reach subjects
Camera storage, misc gear, tripod:
* Tamrac TR406 ZipShot Compact Ultra-Light Instant Tripod - For quick stability/P&S opportunities
* WD 1 TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Backup all my images in the hotel. I don't remove them off the CF cards until I get home.
* Various 32GB CF cards + external CF card reader
* Extra batteries for cameras
* Lens cleaning kit
* Stanley 3-in-1 Tripod LED Flashlight - Helpful for emergency lighting needs.
* Canon Speedlite 320EX Flash for Canon SLR Cameras - Canon flash unit with video light.
Special / Medical
* Press badge
* Tylenol/fever reducer
* Class II ballistic armor for bag
* Samsung Galaxy Tab (unlocked) - I convert to a wireless Internet router using 3G networks.
* Blackberry 8900 - Work emails. Always on the go.
* Dell Studio laptop for image editing.
Amazon associates links posted for reference. For www.camera7d.com.