I officially began the paleo diet on January 10, 2011, and weighed 156.5 pounds on that day. I followed that diet for 6 months, and I lost 49.3 pounds in that period.
- Avoided carbs (including starches) and sugars, entirely where possible
- Mostly ate raw fruit (not blended, no juice), cooked meat, nuts, and eggs. Mostly avoided cheese. Generally followed advice on www.marksdailyapple.com/
- Most frequent foods: bananas, raw almonds, raw pistachios, bacon
- Reduced calories to 800-1000 per day
- To ward off sugar cravings, drank diet soda and chewed gum
- Diet deviation mostly happened in the form of occasional beer or glass of wine
- Exercise was light to moderate: walking, hang gliding, some weight-lifting