In an emergency such as a fire you want to be able to escape from a building quickly and be assured that there's plenty of water to fight the flames. I presume these capped pipes have something to do with that purpose?

  • William 7y

    I believe those are standpipes. Rather than dragging a hose up flight after flight, tall buildings have empty pipes that the fire trucks can connect to.
  • Donncha O Caoimh 7y

    Thanks for that. I really had no idea!
0 faves
Taken on August 6, 2006
  • ƒ/8.0
  • 10.0 mm
  • 1/400
  • 100
  • Flash (off, did not fire)
  • Show EXIF
This photo is in 1 album

Additional info

  • Viewing this photo Public
  • Safety level of this photo Safe
  • S Search
    Photo navigation
    < > Thumbnail navigation
    Z Zoom
    B Back to context