Tiffany Glass Window, Wade Chapel, Lakeview Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio
Dedicated in 1901, Wade Memorial Chapel was built in honor of Jeptha Wade, founder of The Western Union Telegraph Company, by his grandson. The exterior was designed by W. Dominick Benes and Benjamin S. Hubbell. The interior was designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
The awe-inspiring window "The Flight of Souls" is the focal point in the Chapel's interior. The window is done in the Favrile technique developed by Tiffany, giving the glass an opalescence and iridescent quality by exposing it to chemicals and fumes of molten metals during the glass-blowing process.
The mosaic on the chapel's west wall symbolizes the prophecy and law of the Old Testament.
The mosaic on the east wall symbolizes the fulfillment of the law of the Prophets through the birth of Christianity.