St. Gregory & St. George, Pentlow (2)
A view of St. Gregory & St. George, Pentlow from the south-east showing the semi-circular apse and the east wall of the North Chapel. In here is a monument, showing three recumbent effigies, those of Judge George Kempe, who died in 1606. his wife, Eleanor, and John, one of their sons, whilst also depicted are the kneeling figures of four other sons, and no fewer than ten daughters.
Other members of the Kempe family are commemorated by a floorstone in the chapel bearing dates of the early eighteenth century. Also, against the North wall of the chapel is an ancient tomb, massive and carved, which has no inscription of any kind, but which commemorates one or more more of the Feltons who were buried here some five hundred years ago.