vegan PB & chocolate ice cream cookie pie
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cookie Pie (recipe & photo by digiyesica - please credit)
A homemade vegan chocolate ice cream peanut butter pie with cookie crust.
Large pie mold or Springform pan.
Food processor (optional)
Double Boiler (i just used a small pot filled with water and a glass bowl over it)
spoons and forks and fingers for licking! :)
10-15 vegan oreo style cookies (I used Newmans)
2 tablespoons earth balance
1. Crush cookies by hand or in food processor. Mix in slightly melted earth balance. Using a heavy flat surface press cookie crust into pie mold or springform pan.
1/2 cup smooth creamy organic peanut butter
2 pints favorite decadent chocolate vegan ice cream (I used WholeSoy swiss dark chocolate)
1. Allow vegan ice cream to melt to almost a liquid state. And peanut butter should be at room temperature for easy spreading.
2. Spread the peanut butter gently over cookie crust.
3. Place melted ice cream into a large bowl and mix with spoon to blend any large frozen chunks. This will make it much easier to spread over peanut butter! Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
4. Immediately place in freezer and freeze for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
Bittersweet dark chocolate (I used Green and Black's)
2 handfuls raw pecans
1 tablespoon agave nectar
dash cinnamon & nutmeg
1. Lightly toast raw pecans. Set aside and allow to cool for a few minutes.
2. Drizzle agave nectar and sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg over toasted pecans in a bowl. Stir and place in refrigerator until ready to assemble topping.
3. Just before serving pie, melt chocolate in double boiler.
4. Remove pie from freezer once ice cream is again frozen. Using a spoon drizzle melted chocolate over pie.
5. Decorate pie with candied pecans. You can add additional cookies to topping and/or soyatoo!
6. Serve immediately and refreeze immediately, but have fun eating :)