No More Opening Days... ( Tiger Stadium )
( EXPLORED!!! ) One from the archives.
Bennett Park was a wooden park first built on this site in 1895, hosting the home games of the Detroit Tigers. It was replaced by a steel-and-concrete stadium named Navin Field in 1912. It opened the same week as Fenway Park in Boston. It was renamed Briggs Stadium in 1938 and the Detroit Lions began playing their home games there as well. It was renamed Tiger stadium in 1961, the Lions left here in 1974, and the Detroit Tigers moved out at the end of 1999, leaving the building abandoned. It has since been completely demolished without a single historic sign or plaque remaining.