So how big is the abandoned Packard Plant?
This view is about 6 blocks long, and isn't even half of this section of the building. The Packard plant on East Grand Boulevard in Detroit was designed by Albert Kahn, and included the first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction in Detroit. When opened in 1907, it was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world. The plant closed in 1957 ( although parts of it are still rented out ). The plant complex covers 35 acres ( 3.5 Million Square feet ) .