Bounded by E. Virginia, S. Franklin, E. Louisiana & S. Downing St.
National Register 9/17/1986, 5DV.5333
"Reinhard Schuetze laid out this scenic park in the grand Victorian manner in 1889. It features two beautiful lakes; the largest meadow in the Denver park system; a remnant of the City Ditch (which was essential to the watering and hence the development of the park); a forested hill graded by the Olmsted Brothers and planted by DeBoer; romantic deciduous tree plantings; the largest formal summer flower beds in the Denver park and parkway system; and important architectural embellishments such as the 1913 Boat House on Smith’s Lake. " --Description from the Colorado Historical Society Website.