Historic Plaque (from 1927) in Downtown Corvallis, Oregon USA
This bronze plaque for the Hotel Corvallis (House of Cheer) is on the Madison Street side of 2nd & Madison in Corvallis, Oregon. The Hotel Corvallis was built in 1927 as a replacement of the Occidental Hotel built in the late 1800s. It is one of only 3 historic hotels still in Corvallis. The Hotel Corvallis was known as the House of Cheer. It is about a block from the Willamette River, with the rear of it being only about a half a block from it. In 1960, Senator John F. Kennedy stayed at the hotel during his presidential campaign.