Frankie in Teal
Finishing up Tarja's patterns.
I wanted to make at least one of each of her designs. I planned this for Lagoona. It goes beautifully with her coloring, but the sleeves are too snug for her arm fins.
Key tips that helped me keep my sanity:
-I enlarged all the seam allowances to a 1/4", then trimmed them back after sewing.
-I glued the top and bottom hem, AND THEN SEWED IT!! YEAH! I used a stretch stitch since the top edge really has to stretch.
- I sewed the seams over tissue paper.
- I used a 1/4" sewing machine foot.
-I made a facing pattern for the jacket front and faced the back neck with tulle.
These armscyes are very small and tightly curved, so I set the sleeves in by hand. I still didn't get great results; practice will make perfect though.