Alexander's Castle at Fort Worden
The brick structure over to the right was designed and built by The Rev. John B. Alexander in 1883. 15 years later, the land was acquired by the federal government, and Fort Worden was built. Alexander's Castle was preserved, and used as a family residence, observation post, and tailor shop. That tall central tower was originally designed to catch rainwater. Over to the left is the first of a series of gun emplacements.