Threefoot Building, Meridian MS
The people who owned the building (built in the late 1920's) were the Threefoot brothers, who had a wholesale grocery business. Because the building was completed in 1928 and then the depression hit, this speculative building wiped out the family and one of the brothers (Sam) jumped off it to commit suicide. Simon Marx, who convinced Sam Threefoot to build it, also killed himself.
There are plans to completely restore it.
Threefoot is the English variation on their family name, which before they came to the US was Dreyfus. To English (from German), Dreyfus translates like this: Drey (3) fus (foot).
Several, several years ago Ripley's Believe-It-Or-Not did a short piece about a “15 story building on a ‘threefoot’ lot”, referring to the Threefoot building in Meridian.
There are plans to completely restore it (possibly as a hotel to serve the renovated Grand Opera House).