The 1895 Richardi house in Bellaire, Michigan is now the "Grand Victorian" bed & breakfast. This is the outstanding house of the town. Bellaire had a population of only 1,164 people in the 2000 Census.
The original owner, Henry Richardi, had the house built in anticipation of moving in after he got married. The house even had DC electric power supplied from the factory that he owned nearby; this was in 1895! Unfortunately, for unknown reasons the marriage never took place and he sold the house.
The home had numerous owners from 1895 to 1989. In 1989 the home was converted into a B&B. As such it was selected by American Historic Inns 2006 as one of the nation’s 'Top 10 Romantic Inns'.
The house is located at 402 North Bridge Street.