White House

A view of the north lawn of the White House taken about 1860. The statue of Thomas Jefferson by Pierre Jean DAvid d' Angers was placed there by President James Polk in 1848. In 1873 the statue was moved to the rotunda of the United States Capitol building, where it stands today.

23,229 views
22 faves
10 comments
Taken on April 7, 2009